22 April 2009

Patience is a virtue -- hmmph!

Well, my friends, it's outa my hands.

The FedEx priority package was delivered to the British Consulate General of New York this morning at 9:47 a.m., shipping from Charlotte by way of Indianapolis. (I know I'm no geography whiz, but...um...is that really the shortest route between two points?)

All day I've been checking e-mail, half not-expecting to see anything, half hoping-like-heck to see something. At about 4:30 this afternoon, I get the super-fab form letter:

Dear Applicant
Your application has arrived safely at the New York office and is currently being processed. The estimated processing time for your application is 5/10 working days plus mail time, however no guarantee is given. Sometimes it is necessary to make additional enquiries on an application, which will extend the processing time.
You will receive another e-mail advising you of the outcome of your application in due course.

Ok, so now I wait. And I can't stand waiting. I suck at waiting. In fact, my own personal hell is likely a long, never-moving line at the post office (which is one of the worst wait places, in my opinion).

Go on, though -- My Facebook folks have been really encouaraging and fabulous with me, God love 'em. Likely, it just that they're tired of hearing me whinge, "I wanna go back to Enggggland!"

Standard visa processing times look to be 2-3 weeks. I'll gnaw my arm off via fingernail biting by then. Waiting is really sucky.

1 comment: