11 February 2011

I'm getting married!

Wow. So it's been too long since I've posted (and yes, mon sweet Premier folks, I'm trying to come back! winks)...

Steve and I are getting married on 19th August and I'm going to be oh-so-bridezilla-ish and start writing again to record all of this.

Proposal


Thus far, since his fab proposal...oh, which must be noted...wait...a few moments back in time, please:
It was his birthday. We went out with his family for dinner and the Tottenham Spurs game. Thankfully, they won and upon returning back to ColliWood, I got the gift: a proposal. (Here I thought he was going to get a pack of crisps...who woulda thunk it? winks). Ah, it was all a girl could've asked for: sweet words, a beautiful ring and the most fabulous of husbands-to-be. Wow. How lucky I am.
Ok, back to now...

Wedding plans


Since then, we've:
Now, with all of that, we're near set-to-go. Wow. This is the happiest I've been in my life...Ever. I get it now; that happiness that everyone always talks about when meeting 'the one'. Who knew?


Crap tv


So now that I'm nearing upon the time where I marry the most wonderful man in the world, I find I get a bit sappy. Kerry-Ann agrees with me on this. They're getting married next week, in fact. When we were out two weeks ago, she mentioned, 'I don't know...I keep getting tear-y on all sorts of things. Greg mentions something sweet or my mom talks about the wedding plans and all of a sudden I start tearing up.'
Yup. I get it. I'm doing the same.
I've learned that when it's the right person, we do get a bit sappy. It took me watching a few crappy episodes of 'Hitched or ditched' to get this.
In this reality show, couples are faced with the wedding of a lifetime, though they have to confront the realities of their relationships first -- whether it's that family/friends don't support them, or there are interracial issues, or...well, whatever may be in the way of it being perfect.
I found myself tearing up over their situations, but moreso, that we don't have any of those situations with which to deal. I'm such a lucky girl.
My family supports us. His family supports us. Our friends have never seen us happier.
I'm truly the luckiest girl in the world.

Next up?

I can only pray that, like the family in 'Hitched or ditched', I get surprised and my family is all there to see this all. I've spent so many tears over it (which my amazing husband-to-be has wiped away). I know that it's my decision to marry far away. I realise that not everyone can be here. I do understand that it's a lot of time and money. I wish I could make it easier on everyone. Sigh. I guess that's what happens when you marry in a different country.
There are so many people in the world that one cares about when something so life-changing occurs. I guess I wish that all of the ones I care about would be here...even if it's far away. Awww...

And...


If any of you Yank folks are going to be here for this (c'mon -- I need a few peeps who tawk like me he-ah!), do know you're welcome to join the wedding festivities. Um...I just need a heads up. (winks)

No comments:

Post a Comment