10 August 2009

Counting down till we say " 'Allo!" to the neighbors

There are 43 days left until I leave my beloved Queen City, 49 days until I leave the country. The countdown is on. While many times we all are "working for the weekend," counting the moments till day's end on Friday, I'm now wishing that the seconds on my martini clock would move a bit slower. The move is cropping up on me - and quickly.

I put down a holding deposit on a yet-unseen flat in Colliers Wood today. It's on the third floor, above some business on the High Street, and will accept my dog. Done deal. The other one (Merton High Street) was swiped out from under my feet, the other that Julian looked at for me today was "a great flat, but the area is a dump." (giggle) Meh, being the flake I am, I'm taking a gamble and grabbed this one. Access to the tube is uber-convenient; let's just hope there are is a good pub nearby to chill my nerves after all of this.

The dog's official documents were mistakenly sent to the British Virgin Isles, after someone put my destination as "British Isles" on the paperwork. (Really - who uses that term? C'mon, people, UK. Two letters. Not that difficult.)

Star's fancy SkyKennel came via FedEx last week. It's huge. It's like she's flying to London in her own condo. Sigh. She'll surely have more room than I on the flight, and likely won't be sitting next to someone who's a bit stinky, or snoring, or coughing up smurfs, as I'm sure to be.

Star says " 'Allo" to the neighbors.

I keep calling her "my well-behaved dog." Oh, sure. My will-be-downstairs neighbors are sure not to hear her. Shhhhh, Star. Shhhh...Calm down.

1 comment:

  1. Hey-

    Good luck with your move. There's a great boot sale every Saturday near Colliers Wood. It's at the Wimbledon dog track.

    ReplyDelete