18 August 2009

Who's the flaky chick with a wandering soul? I am!

A nice conversation with my sistah last night made me think that perhaps I'm doing this whole move backwards. (Umm...y'think?) Most people typically have secured jobs and places to live and have tied up loose ends at home prior to such a life changing experience. Here's a tidbit of the long conversation we had...

"Well, whatever you do," Alli said, "don't move back to Charlotte."
"I wouldn't," I replied. "But that's interesting...Why would you say that? I mean, I agree, but..."
"Well, you're always saying that you're over that place."

Now, my dear, sweet sister is exactly right. I am done with my beloved Queen City, and if my time in England proves to be something of an unsuccessful life move and I decide to return States-side, I'd not move back here. Rather, I'd likely go closer to the ol' homestead of NY.

"Well," I began, "it's not that I hate it here or anything. It's just that my life didn't turn out like everyone else's here. I mean, were I married with kids, this would be a great place to settle down. I'm not. This just isn't where my life is - nor, I believe, where it's supposed to be."

"So where is your life 'supposed to be'?" asked my pragmatic sis.

"I dunno quite yet. I'll figure that out sometime," I said.

And then I giggled. Sometimes my flaky side just feels so comfortable. Meh, it all works out, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment