19 January 2009

Ah-choo! I has a sick...

Fabulous.

I've been sick for five days now. Argh! Why do we have colds, anyway? I'm coughing, drinking DayQuil like it's my job, and just in a general state of malaise. It's not helping my recession-induced mood, either...Too much to do, not enough brain power to do it.

As you can see from the pic, I'm taking anything and everything to assuage the ickiness: tissues (which I'm blowing through like lightning), Zicam, Vaporub, Chloroseptic, Theraflu, Tylenol...you name it. (Note the Glamour mag; the healing properties of trashy magazines are legendary, you know...)

One of the oddest additions to my medicine cabinet was from London trip # 5. On our second day there, I started to feel as though I were getting a cold. Oh, no-no-no-no. I've no time for that. Tracy and I went to the chemist to see what kind of Zicam-like/nip-it-in-the-bud meds we could find. The pharmacist suggested this Vicks First Defence gel/nasal spray stuff. (I know, I know--gross.) Determined not to obtain a full-fledged cold during my vacation, I tried it.

We left and whilst sitting on a bench in the middle of the mall, I stuck this stuff up my nose and sprayed. Schnikeys! I have no idea what is in this stuff (menthol eucalyptus??) but crikey--it burned my nose and I started tearing up. Maybe that's how it works--it makes you feel so icky and hurt that any cold symptoms are simply a rung in the ladder, comparitively speaking..?

Ahh...back to work tomorrow...Inauguration Day...Historical moment...Crazy.

As a side note, why is it that I'm always home sick when big, newsworthy things break? Thursday's plane ditching by Capt. Sully in the Hudson, where not one person on the LGA--> CLT flight perished, the Columbine High massacre...I don't know...Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment