21 January 2009

Technology? Bah, humbug...

Now let's get one thing straight: I do not consider myself a technological tyro by any stretch of the means. Granted, I'm not exactly a nine-year-old Asian kid with a roomful of Sony products, but I can hang with (some) of the cool kids.

Which is one of the reasons why I was so absolutely ticked at this crap webcam I bought tonight, that I intended to use at next week's conference in Phoenix. It was recommended by an IT guy from work who showed me his (that sounded a bit crude), which is similar, save for that it's for a Mac. Anywho, I picked this one up at Best Buy tonight for $100. It's a portable one, sits right on top of the laptop screen and would be easy-as-pie to work and interview CEOs on healthcare trends in this troubled economy.

Not so much.

First, I love that they mention about 2,946 times that one must first load the software then connect the cam. It was actually even written on a label/plug thing at the end of the USB connection. (giggle) I suspect they had a bunch of people angrily calling the 800 number...in India.

Like a good techno-geek-girl, I load it up, click it in, and try it out. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. No matter how many times I attempt to record a snippit, there's something wrong: no audio, no recording, no save. Grr. I give up. It goes back to the crap of a hole I call Best Buy.

Now back to our regularly scheduled twitter-time...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment