02 January 2009

Happy New Year!

So I start out fine-fine-2009 with my England plans front and center of my mind. I awoke on New Year's Day after a really relevant dream: I was in a blank, white office with some Englishman (no idea who!) and was stressed and anxious at applying for the visa, certain I'd forgotten to include necessary documents. A little man entered from a back room and handed me a stamped visa, at which time I broke out into tears of joy...and promptly bought a new, fancy UK cell phone (er, mobile).

Later that day (er, back in real life, that is!), while playing Piano Player on my NDS Brain Age 2, I was given the tune "London Bridge." Hmm...What else could a tired girl do that evening but cook a nice dinner of beef medallions (with a mixed mushroom cream sauce) and my first batch ever of Yorkshire pudding?! I love those little things. It was perfect and yummy and had me dreaming of creating such treats on the hob and oven of my soon-to-be flat in England.

Ok, they may look a bit lopsided, but they tasted phenom!

No comments:

Post a Comment