13 January 2009

It has to be easier than this...

Hmm...Although I've had a few personal wins at work this week (and it's only Tuesday!), I'm a bit deflated by a few new occurrences in the moving world...

In this wonderfully connected world of the Internet in which we live, we have the voyeuristic ability to read all about strangers' lives. (Man, that sounded a bit creepy...) I was taking some "me" time last night, searching the Web for England/London links and found a blog written by an Australian girl. She was relating her stories of the week, mainly how she was convinced she'd be fired this week, didn't have enough money to stay and would likely have to move back. Sigh.

Then, during my daily two-hour morning news scan, I can find nothing except how awful the economy is and how we're all doomed and destined to lose our jobs and have to start raising hens to sell at a farmers market, for there will be no industries, no white collar jobs (the white collar crimes having already been committed...). Ugh, ugh.

There's a really depressing timeline here: I need the visa (before any more new, restrictive changes go into effect) in order to get a job. I need a job in order to be able to move. I need to move in order to be happier.

The starting point is the job. No one is going to hire a lil' Yank when all of the natives are being dismissed (or "made redundant"). Red said that things are bad everywhere, but just because they are, doesn't mean I'll never get to go. Humph. It doesn't really help when you'd already had everything mapped out.

Like the LOL cat, today I haz a sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment