04 January 2009

Out with the old, move to the new

In harmony with my plans to move across the pond, I've realized the necessity of paring down and getting rid of all of the huge amount of stuff I've acquired in my little condo. (It seems 7 years of not moving have caught up with me. Ugh.)
This morning I rid myself of four garbage bags from the cabinet under the sink. Whoever could've known that so many bottles of nail polish, hand lotion, old meds and hair products would have fit in that little space. Yikes.
Next up? The pantry. It was good to eliminate those old spices and mixes that I've somehow held onto for I-don't-even-want-to-know-how-long. (When was I ever planning to make Veg-all as a side dish? Barf.)
I've now signed up for Freecycle.org to get rid of the stuff in my down-down and garage. I am absolutely fearful of attacking the down-down closet. Sigh. The Freecycle has already offered two potential ways to remove a flat iron and a scanner, though. Perhaps it won't be that bad. Does anyone need two huge Tupperware containers of Halloween decorations? Anyone? Anyone?

It does feel good, though. Getting rid of all of this garbage makes it feel more real to me. I'll surely not be bringing much over, save for clothes and my shoes. Heck, the shoes will take up a shipping container unto themselves! Gasp! That doesn't mean I'd have to pare down on my heels, does it?? Perish the thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment