25 January 2009

Sunday, bloody Sunday...

"Cinderella, Cinderella, all I hear is Cinderella..."

Ok, so maybe I wasn't exactly working my fingers to the bloody bone this Sunday, but I did spend a good amount of time cleaning and doing--gulp--six loads of laundry (there are about three loads of laundry in the pic). The really sad thing? I'm still not done! Argh.

The fun part of this is that I'm realizing how many clothes I have. The sad part of this is that I'm so not a fashionista and tend to never have anything to wear. The confusing part is the combination of the two previous sentences.

As I'm sure everyone knows my heart is still over in Eng-er-land and my plans to move there, it should come as no surprise that I'm wondering how in the heck I'm going to pack and move all of this stuff over there.

My closet upstairs is completely packed with clothes. My down-down closet is just the same. In fact, my desk and table in the down-down have served as overspill for the already-stuffed closet. It's as though my closet barfed clothes into the rest of the room. Good times.

In one of the expat forums was a posting that posed the question, "What are some of the things you wished you left behind?" There were quite a few who responded that in hindsight, they wished they'd not gone to such lengths to bring so many clothes.

Um...somehow I expect that I'll fall into that group. However, there's no way I can leave my shoes behind! I'm absolutely emotionally attached! See? Even in the pic you can see the one little square that fit me perfectly as I lovingly reorganized them last spring. Um...of course, I've since added to the collection.

Is it wrong that I strive to be like Imelda Marcos..? Really..?

No comments:

Post a Comment